My Daughter's Room Before/After

Well we've been in our house 4 years now - I can't believe how fast time flies.  My daughter started Kindergarten this fall so I thought it was time for a bedroom makeover and get her a big girl bed. Here is a picture from the MLS listing of her bedroom.


    Here are a couple pictures I took when we came to look at the house back in 2016.





She had a brown and pink nursery, which I can't find any pictures of but here's her crib, etc. So this time I wanted something different - not pink. 
 



I got my inspiration from a home show I went to in July where they painted the board and batten a dark rich green color and had floral wall paper above.  So first I took down all the vinyl dots.


Then I added the boards, they are 60 inches tall.




Then I added the trim on top and filled in all the holes and seams.



Gave it a two coats of Tranquil Bay from Lowes.





Looking pretty good huh?  We ordered her a big girl bed from Costco which they delivered and set up for free.  We went with a twin size so she would have more floor space to play still.


We bought the furniture from a neighbor and already had the bookcase.  
Here's how it looks now.


The bed skirt and curtains I ordered online from Walmart.com.  Here's a close up of the bookshelf.


The hutch with drawers - we store all her toys and dolls in the drawers.


Most of the accessories are from Hobby Lobby as well as the sheep canvas.


The barn picture I bought online from Kohl's.  I love it and it went perfectly with her wall color. And here is view walking into her room.  Love that cow.


Now my boys are asking when I can work on their bedroom.  Ha ha.  Here's a side by side - doesn't even look like the same room.



Comments

Popular Posts