Laundry Room Cabinets and Refresh

 One room that really needed an update was our laundry room.  Here a picture of the "Before" after we moved in.

You can see the wall paper peeling off, there is a large gap above the cupboards and one of the cupboards is set back in.

First thing to do was remove the wall paper boarder.  I enlisted some help for this project.

They had a blast.  All we used some a spray bottle with some water and it peeled right off.  Then I painted a portion of the wall white.

Added some board and batten - you can see I was working on the half bath at the same time too.  We also had to get a new washer at this point since the other stopped working.

I painted the walls a light gray - almost an off white color.  Looking much better already.  Then it was time to fix these cabinets.  I didn't like how one cabinet was not flush with the others and that there was a large gap at the top - great space for dust to collect. 

We had new custom cabinets installed that go to the ceiling, so no more gap, and they are all flush too.  We also replaced the light fixture.  I love that I have a spot for my hangers and shirts to go too.

I also added some fun signs above the board and batten.  I purchased an instant download on Etsy and just printed them off.  The frames I found at Sam's Club.

I love how it turned out.  Now I really enjoy being in this happy space - even if it's just to do laundry.

Most recently, I added a little shelf I picked up from Hobby Lobby above the washer.


The huge Love & Laundry sign I picked up this spring at Hobby Lobby as well.  It fit perfectly in the space.

So one more time, Before.

And AFTER - Love, Love, Love!





Comments

  1. I really liked it. I wanted to leave a note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also tried to share the site. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really amazed me with your writing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts