Pinwheel Garland


I have been wanting to make a pinwheel garland.  I figured a red, white and blue one would be perfect for my mantel.  I first saw the idea here.  But here's a little tutorial just in case you want to make your own.  I used 3 pieces of 12x12 scrapbook paper that I cut down to 6 x 6 squares.

 
Then just free hand cut from the corner to the center on all four corners - but not all the way through, like this.



With a small hole punch, punch one hole on each triangle and one in the center, like this.


With a brad, fold over the corners and put it through your brad.



Then it should look like this.



Then just make a whole bunch.



I punched a hole in two of the sides to run some twine through.



String them all together.


And hang it from your mantel.  Super cute and perfect for summer.



I love how it turned out.  The possibilities are endless.






lil luna link party button

Paper Issues

Comments

  1. How cute! It just says "Summer"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Like I said before I love these pinwheels! I featured them on my blog today :) http://newcombhome.blogspot.com/2011/06/fourth-of-july-faves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love your beautiful pinwheel banner!!! Thanks for the tutorial too! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that pinwheel banner, I am bookmarking that for my daughter's birthday party! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. Im gonna hafta make one.. this is adorable. I wish I thought of this for my daughters graduation. In the middle I could have put letters spelling how congradulations..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pinwheels and banners so combining the 2 is a great idea!! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts