CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Trick Or Treat Banner


Last weekend I pulled out the Halloween decor.  My oldest even asked me to wake him up early Saturday morning so he could help.  We got most of it done and added a few scary touches here and there. 

I worked on the mantel myself - since it's a little too high anyway.  But one thing I wanted to add to the mantel was a banner.  After deciding to use TRICK OR TREAT, I got to work. 

I didn't have any letters on hand, so I just printed some out on regular paper on my computer and used some card stock.


I cut out the letters and attached them to the card stock with double sided tape.  Punched two holes in the top and then ran some twine through the holes.  I also added some ribbon between each letter.


On either side of the "OR" I added a cupcake pick skeleton.  I found them at Michael's on my last trip there and thought they were too cute to pass up.


I loved the little hinges for the arms and legs.  I just love how it turned out.  I decided to use the bright traditional Halloween colors this year.



Super simple and just used what I had on hand, besides the skeletons.  Tomorrow I'll show you the rest of my mantel.

3 comments:

  1. This came out so well. Can't wait to see the rest of your mantle! Have a great day,

    Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto on the skeletons - way too cute!
    I think I need to do something like this - however, I don't have a mantel :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I bet your son loves it.

    Have a wonderful evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.