A $2.00 Centerpiece

While I was shopping at Walmart last week, they had their poinsettias marked down 50% off so I snatched one up for $1.99.  I put it in a flower pot rather than leaving it in the foil it comes in.  I put it in a thrift store metal basket that I spray painted black, threw in some pine cones, cinnamon sticks and greenery and had a simple centerpiece.
 

Love the pop of red it adds to the kitchen.  Also just a tip I picked up from my mom when watering these delicate plants.  Poinsettias tend to get over watered and the leaves fall off, so for easy watering just put a handful of ice cubes on the dirt around the plant every few days.  That way the ice slowly melts watering the plant.
 

I also changed up my candles and just added some red berries. 


I spent the day working on my neighbor/co-worker gifts, which I'll show you soon.  I also added a few holiday touches to the bathrooms.  My two year old was quick to notice the changes I had made.

Comments

Popular Posts