Okay, well I've slowing been phasing out my apples and moving to more generic decor. I had this cute little 3 shelf stacker I use in my kitchen for phone books, onions, garlic, potatoes, and other odds and ends. I ordered it many years ago from ABC Distributing. It's been a great little shelf.
The front doors open downward. They are covered with some chicken wire and a ceramic apple. So that's what I started with.
First I took off the front doors, which turned into more of a project than I realized because some of the screws were stripped. Once I got the doors off. I gave the whole thing about 3 coats of Krylon black satin spray paint.
I took the chicken wire and apple off the front of the doors and gave them a few coats of black spray paint as well.
To make new inserts for the doors was the biggest project. I had some foam board that I used for the backing.
Then I got some scrapbook paper, some clear sheets to use to protect the paper (I don't know the exact term for them, but they are used on an overhead projector). I used gorilla glue to adhere it to the inside of each door. I also had some decorative pieces I got at Hobby Lobby to add to the front, which I spray painted black as well.
I let those dry for a few hours and then I put the doors back on. This is how it turned out. I am so pleased with the outcome.
Here is a photo sitting pretty in our kitchen with our charging station on top.
I'm so glad to finally have this project done. The last project I have been putting off is sewing new cushions for my kitchen chairs. We'll see how long it takes me to get to those.
I'm linking up to:
Special Bond | Sticking to one collection
6 minutes ago