Saying Block - Easy Gift Idea

I never got around to showing you my neighbor / co-worker gift I made this year.  I had a hard time coming up with an idea, but I finally decided to make a saying block.  I went to Home Depot and had a bunch of 2x4's cut into 7 inch pieces.


I painted them all black.


Then used my new sander I got for my birthday and lightly sanded down the edges.


I found some black and white scrapbook paper at Michael's that I cut down to fit the blocks.  Also, I picked up some black carpet tacks at Home Depot and printed off my saying that I created in Word on some vellum paper.


I Mod Podged on the paper and used the tacks to attach the saying.  I think I made 35 of these babies.


Of course, I forgot to take a close up of just one, but you get the idea.  I put them in a clear cellophane bag, added some ribbon and a tag then gave them all away.

Comments

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts