Friday, September 24, 2010

Decorative Balls - Dollar Tree

My last trip to Dollar Tree I found these decorative rattan balls. They had a couple different sizes, but I opted for the smaller ones. For only a buck, how could you go wrong?

I used some of my Burnt Orange Americana craft paint and painted two of them.

I spray painted three of them with some brown spray paint.

And the last one I just left white. I put my very fancy balls in this glass jar I found at a thrift store for a whole $1.50 and tied a little ribbon on top. (The larger ones I found at T.J. Maxx earlier this summer.)

I also found these little candle holders at the Dollar Tree that can be used for a candle on this side.

And the turned the other way, it can be used for a tea light candle. I thought it was cool so I bought two.

My glass jar needed a little more height so I set it on this nifty candle holder.

Then I put it up on my kitchen cupboards. I love my decorative balls for only a buck. You could paint them all sorts of colors. The possibilities are endless.

Happy Dollar Tree finds.

I'm linking up to:

Join  us Saturdays at for the weekend wrap up           party!



  1. very cute! I saw those the other I may have to go back and grab some!! :)

  2. Cute, cute, cute. Love those little decorative balls. I recently spray painted a mauve colored rattan hanging light a pretty light blue. It too forever to cover that color and the pink still ran through.

    It looks like you didn't have the same problem.


  3. So cute! I'm going to have to go check out dollar tree. I'd love for you to link it up at sundae scoop!

  4. What a great idea! The kitchen cupboards display look great too. Have to love the Dollar Store!!!Thanks for visiting my blog!

  5. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful day.

  6. Oh man! You are the second blogger I've seen today talking about those rattan balls at Dollar Tree. I was just there yesterday and I didn't see any. Wah. I hope they get them soon, I have wanting some for a project.

    I had to laugh when I saw your brown candle holders. I just bought them to put under some hurricanes I made. I didn't have the chance to post them yet though.


  7. Newest follower! Dollar Tree linked to your post on their Facebook so had to click over and come take a look. This is TOTALLY going on my shopping list. These would make a cool gift idea for Christmas or housewarming. Thank you!

  8. Wow... these are perfect. I haven't seen these at the dollar store yet so Ill have to keep an eye out!

    Ok Ive commented on like every post... I think I need to subscribe to your blog!

    - Michelle @ Bunch of Craft


I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.