Entryway

I got this really nice welcome sign from my brother and sister-in-law one year for my birthday. I love it. It's metal, and I think they got it from Michael's.


I really wish I had some space to put an entry way table, but there really isn't enough wall space for one. Here is a photo of our entry way.


I love my vinyl on the wall. I ordered that last year from Jill then I added a wedding photo of my hubby and I under it. You can't see it that well in this photo, but you get the idea. The swag above the doorway is one I bought over 11 years ago at a boutique.

After we put in new carpet last fall, I made sure we made room for a rug by adding vinyl flooring in front of the door. Before the carpet would go clear to the door. Now there is a space where people can actually walk in and wipe their shoes. I like it so much better. Here is some random picture I found from 2006, but as you can see in the background the carpet went all the way up to the door.



The rug I just recently bought at Costco for $11.99. I've been trying to find some new rugs and haven't been able to find anything I really like as far as style and price. But for $12.00, I figured I couldn't beat that.

Here's a close up. It has all the colors of my living room and matches the carpet well too.


Here is another with the door closed.


So there ya have it.

Comments

  1. Nice to find a 'normal' house with creative touches! (Most blogs I'm finding tend to be big beautiful magazine-like homes that NEED nothing done to them!)
    Thank you for helping the 'rest' of us normal house people!

    http://mymobilehomelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts