CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Some More Greenery

Okay, I mentioned in a post a couple days ago about some greenery I found at Michael's here. That same day I also found some boxwood topiary that I really liked.


I also snagged some of these little pots too. They were $2.50 each. Except I didn't really like the pot, but we can easily change that with a little paint.


So I gave them a coat of Americana Buttermilk first.


Then I added some Americana Fawn. But this time, I just put a dab on a paper towel and wiped it on.


Then I finished it up with a little Mississippi Mud using the same paper towel technique.


So when I got done they looked like this - much better!


I was trying to achieve a weathered pot look. So I thought they turned out pretty good. I think that bright green really adds some "life" to my decor. So for the moment, they're sitting on my mantle.



The two pictures on the mantle are about to get a makeover - we'll see how my idea works out. Also, if you like those tile pictures of my two boys you can check out a step by step here. They're super easy and cheap.






5 comments:

  1. Love the new look of your blog! I'm going to go look at your tile pictures now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeballing those topiaries forever! But I keep thinking I can make them cheaper...but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    The mantel looks great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! Thanks for visiting my blog. It is so nice to meet you! Isn't it great how we both discovered the greenery sale at Michaels? I really wanted the boxwood topiaries like yours, but all that was left was the ivy. I looked for the boxed herbs too, but those were gone as well! Great minds think alike! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these...what a great find and a cute way to change the pots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just looked at these last night and passed them up now I'm thinking I may have to go back and get some.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.