I also snagged some of these little pots too. They were $2.50 each. Except I didn't really like the pot, but we can easily change that with a little paint.
So I gave them a coat of Americana Buttermilk first.
Then I added some Americana Fawn. But this time, I just put a dab on a paper towel and wiped it on.
Then I finished it up with a little Mississippi Mud using the same paper towel technique.
So when I got done they looked like this - much better!
I was trying to achieve a weathered pot look. So I thought they turned out pretty good. I think that bright green really adds some "life" to my decor. So for the moment, they're sitting on my mantle.
The two pictures on the mantle are about to get a makeover - we'll see how my idea works out. Also, if you like those tile pictures of my two boys you can check out a step by step here. They're super easy and cheap.