Dead Flowers

It's the end of the summer and I have two pots that have dead flowers.  Am I the only one out there that kills their beautiful flowers?  They look pathetic, I know.


I had these two pots on my back porch, but I think they must have gotten too much sun and gotten too hot.  But, I also have some really nice looking pots too. 


So as I was browsing through the adds the other day, I saw Lowe's had their mums on sale 9/1 to 9/5 for $.50.  So I thought for just a couple bucks I might be able to resurrect these flower pots.  I went to Lowe's and came home with this.


I bought ten, 1 pint mums that were 3 different colors for only $5.00 and some change.  I almost bought more, but figured I should start out with these first.  I immediately came home and started filling in the gaps in my pots that had dead spots and of course those two pots that were completely dead.


In a week, I'm sure they'll look just beautiful all opened up, well unless I kill them before that.  But for $.50 each, I figured I couldn't go wrong.  So stock up this weekend - go to Lowe's.

Also while we were there, all their outdoor furniture was on clearance 50% off.  So if you are in need of some patio furniture or chairs - now is the time.  I checked out their outdoor decor as well, and found this cute little lantern, it's probably about 8 inches tall, for $3.00.  They had a bunch of them at my Lowe's.  I bought only one, but thought it would be perfect to go with some of my fall decor.  For now I put in on the picnic table.


I found something else too, but I'll have to show you another day.  Oh, and they have Halloween decor out too.  My 2 year old had a blast pushing all the buttons.  He especially loved the motion activated, life size witch - but he was carfefull not to get too close to it.   

Comments

  1. I love mums. Will have to check out Lowe's when we go to town in the morning. I had not noticed they were 50 cents. Can not beat that price. We plant them and over the years they have really gotten sparce so might just have to replacve ours at that price.

    Pots will look great in a few weeks.

    And just so you do not feel bad a few of mine have started to look straggly here too. Am sure the heat and now cool nights are making mine go downhill. I just prunned a lot of mine back in hopes of a new splurge of flowers which seems to be helping already.

    Karan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....my flowers ended up JUST like that! I was gone 15 days in August! :-0 Yep, the flowers were toast within the first week! Luckily, most of my flower beds have automatic sprinklers, but the potted flowers that don't have them were toasted fast. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the update on mums! Can't beat that price. That lantern is CUTE! Even with nothing on it and it sitting on your table is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not alone! I kill the hardiest and prettiest plants. I think I can see flowers cringe as I walk towards them at the store! :) Good luck with the mums...I haven't tried them yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts