Some Big Lanterns


I mentioned in this post I went to Lowe's on Friday and stocked up on some mums that were super cheap.  Well along with that I found these awesome, big lanterns that were priced $35.99 marked down on clearance to $8.74!!  I was so excited I snatched up the last two they had.

From this picture it's hard to tell how big they are, but let me show you another picture so you get a better idea.  These are the lanterns next to my 2 year old.  They practically come up to the top of his legs.



I measured them and they are almost 18 inches tall.  So a good size lantern.  And for less than $9.00 each, I thought it was a pretty sweet deal.  I decided to put some fake green stuff in them and display them on my mantel for now.  I think they would look fantastic outside too.


I just love them and look forward to changing out the decor for fall.  I added my tile pictures to the mantel for now too.  You can read more about that project here.


I think it would be fun to add some Christmas lights in them as well along with some pine cones and berries.


If you want to see how I made those pictures on either side of my mantel, check out this post and this post

So did you score anything good over the holiday weekend?

Comments

  1. I just found your blog and am very impressed. You have such creativeness. love it all and just became your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the new lanterns look fabulous and you definitely snagged a deal!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those new lanterns! I'm going to head to Lowe's tonight to see if they're there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great deal Kathy! I love those lanterns and how you displayed them. They look great on your mantel.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Lowe's did not have any 50 cent mums. I looked but did see those lanterns. But they were only 4.00 at outs. Tried to get hubby to buy a couple. But just did not work. Guess he figured they were getting enough of our money for all the wood to redo and enlarge our deck.

    I do love what you have done with yours. And I think lights with pinecones and berries would be beautiful at Christmas time.

    Had fun looking there though.

    Karan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts