Believe

Okay, winter is on its way and so is Christmas - I know I can't believe it either. This year has just flown by.

Yesterday morning after hearing the wind howl through the night and the rain come down, we woke up to this. (Sorry for the horrible pictures it was 7:00 a.m. and the sun wasn't up yet.)



Luckily it didn't stick around much after the sun came up. But doesn't that just put you in the mood for a little Christmas cheer? Time to start thinking about some gift ideas.

I found this cute Believe idea here and thought I would try to recreate it. I started out with these materials.


I painted my piece of wood Americana Buttermilk as well as the dowel.


Sanded down the edges and then added my vinyl I ordered from Jill over at www.utahvinyl.com Doesn't she do a great job? I just love that "B".


I painted my star yellow then I just hot glued the two together. I snapped my dowel in half so it wouldn't be so tall.


Added some stain to the wood block and a little on the star too. I drilled a hole in the top of the block that would be large enough for the wooden dowel as you can see here.


I just added a little hot glue in the hole and put the dowel in and there ya go.


One of my son's favorite Christmas shows is The Polar Express and we all love the Josh Groban song "Believe". Some of the lyrics from his song:

When it seems that we have lost our way...
We find ourselves again on Christmas Day.
Believe in what your heart is saying,
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste,
There so much to celebrate.
Believe in what you feel inside,
And give your dreams the wings to fly.
You have everything you need, if you just Believe.

What a great reminder that all we have to do is Believe!

HookingupwithHoH

Comments

  1. I love this! That's my absolute favorite phrase/word of encouragement/statement of Christmas ever! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job.. I love it. I do many things like this.
    Would love for you to join our Wed or Mon Blog Hop..We also have a Featured Walk of Fame..We have lots of Fun/Giveaways/Crafts/Recipes & Lots of Great friends to get to know.Hi..I’m Barb… I am your newest follower from TTA. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I also would love for you to be a new Fan of my Facebook page too & click “LIKE” in the upper right hand corner of my blog & you’ve done it..Thanks so much! I am just starting at Facebook. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! i love vinyl. Super easy. I am following you now. Saw you on Feature yourself Friday! Stop by when you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this- simple, easy and my fav vinyl words-so cute!! I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts