Buckeyes

So here is one of our favorite Christmas treats. We end up making a few batches each year and stick some in the freezer too to pull out later.

You start with this.


This recipe I found online on Jif's website here

1 1/2 C. Peanut Butter (it calls for creamy - but I used chunky)
1/2 C. Butter or Margarine
1 tsp. Vanilla
3-4 C. Powdered Sugar

Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl with a mixer until combined then add two cups of powdered sugar. Mix that up good then continue to add 1/2 C. powdered sugar until you can form into a ball. I used about 3 1/2 Cups. Shape into balls like this.



Then stick them in the freezer for about 10-15 min to get them nice and cold before dipping them in chocolate.

You can either melt your chocolate in the microwave but I usually use a double broiler on the stove top. Melt one package of chocolate chips and 1 T. of shortening together. Dip using a toothpick but be sure not to cover the whole thing so they look like Buckeyes.


When your finished dipping them, smooth over the hole in the top and return to the freezer for another 10 minutes for the chocolate to set up.


Then enjoy.

Comments

  1. we love buckeyes around here. My husband grew up in Columbus, OH & is a big fan of Ohio State. I'm planning on making some of these tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up all the ingredients to make these...you mentioned they can be frozen...for how long? Do you flash freeze and then store in freezer bags? I would love to have them pre-made for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts