Ants


I have been wanting to make these little ants for awhile. I have an upcoming activity that I wanted to use them for so I thought I better get with it and make some ANTS. I found a great tutorial over at Craftify It here.

Start off with some wire, bells and hot glue gun (not pictured). I bought the largest bells Michael's had.


Cut three strips of wire and pull it through the bell with the X side up.


Then bend the wire to form some legs.


Hot glue two bells X side up and the other X side down. One bell will have two wires. Like this.


Then cut some wire to form antlers and glue those to the front.


Once you get them all put together give them a couple coats of black spray paint.


Now you have your own little army of ants.



Visit thecsiproject.com
spray paint party

Comments

  1. thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my cloche ~ i'm going to be constantly on the lookout for more ~ i'd like one in pretty much every color ;)
    LOVE these ants and had to comment on your oreos too ~ i made almost the same exact thing for our Super Bowl party ~ except in Steelers colors. they were a big hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would have thought.... those are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stinkin' cute is this??? Blog browsing today and came across yours. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so clever and fun! i never would have realized they were bells!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ants, I am making a set for a table for Labor Day. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    Candy at Plum Creek Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size/gauge is the wire?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts