Topiary Update

Back in January I finally splurged and bought two topiaries at Michael's. You can read my greenery post here.


Well, I have been enjoying them on my mantel the last few months. I've posted several different pictures of my mantel, like this one.


My last trip to Target I found these adorable Smith and Hawken Boxwood Topiaries with some little white berries, but for $29.99 each they were definitely out of my price range.

One day while I was shopping at Tai Pan I came across a little greenery for $.79.


I decided this would be perfect to add to my topiaries. So I cut off the little white flower buds.


I randomly placed them on my topiaries - I didn't bother gluing them either. Don't they look like blooming boxwood topiaries now.


I grabbed a couple Dollar Spot silver buckets while I was at Target and figured they would make perfect plant holders.


Now my topiaries look a little more "springy" for the mantel.

Linking up to these parties:

Thrifty Thursdays

HookingupwithHoH

Stuff and Nonsense

Comments

  1. DIY on a budget! I love it! I agree that $39 is a bit outrageous! Nice work! I'm visiting from HOH.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a difference that made! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute idea...love target and the s&h stuff they have there...but you got the same look on the cheap...well done! thanks for linking up to ff and have a wonderful weekend.

    blessings,

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the topiaries. The little white buds are the perfect finish and I must say I love your taste in the pot holder. I just picked up 3 of those buckets for myself at target the other day! I'm a new follower from Thrifty Decorating. Come check out my blog and follow back please! Stef

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts