Pedestal Birdhouse

I found the most adorable pedestal birdhouses over at the Speckled Dog and I just had make one of my own. I went to Michael's and picked up an unfinished mission style birdhouse that was $4.99 but used my 40% off coupon so paid $2.99, I also bought a square base for $.99. I had some leftover candle holders from another project that I used as well.


Here is a close up of the birdhouse. I think it's so stinkin' cute. I admit, I'm a sucker for birdhouses.


The next few steps I didn't take pictures of - but it's not that difficult really. I glued all the pieces together with some wood glue and let it sit for about 24 hours. Then I painted the whole thing Americana Buttermilk, sanded down the edges and wiped it down with a little stain.

See how adorable it turned out.


I bought three smaller ones that were $.99 each that I still need to put together. But I just love it. Bring on the SPRING!

A Glimpse Inside



Visit thecsiproject.com

Domestically Speaking








Craft Couture

Comments

  1. Oh Kathy, how cute! I'm a sucker for birdhouses too. Yours is adorable.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute!!!!

    http://www.craigslistqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that birdhouse. I found a tiny one at the Thrift store today. When the rain stops I will be ready to paint and add the candle stick. Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the birdhouse - so cute and so Springy. Thanks so much for sharing it at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I have a few and they are elevated with children's blocks and old wooden spools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love that you put it on the stand. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts