More Pedestal Birdhouses


I just loved how my first pedestal birdhouse turned out, which you can see here. So, I decided to make a couple more this weekend. I started out with two birdhouses I picked up at Walmart on clearance for $1.50 each, two bases from Michael's and two candle sticks that were cut down.


I used some white and light blue craft paint and painted all the pieces.


I gave all the pieces a light sanding, added some stain and then used wood glue to put them all together.


I just love how they turned out - they are going to be just perfect on my spring mantel.







Blue Cricket Design



Tatertots & Jello

Comments

  1. I never would have thought of this. And, I have some birdhouses from Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kathy, I'm visiting you back from Redo 101. Love the birdhouses on a pedestal - I so want to copy your idea. Brings back a wonderful memory - my dad and I made a bird house together when I was very young, and we won first prize in the county fair :) Also I "followed" your blog - will be back to visit again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea. They look great. I am now on the lookout for some birdhouses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out great... and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts