CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Weathered Spring Sign

I started off with a 7x9 inch piece of wood I found in the scrap bin at Home Depot.


I painted it Americana Baby Blue.


Then I watered down some white paint and brushed that over the top.


I used the negative of some SPRING vinyl I ordered from Utah Vinyl and put that on my board.


Then I painted the lettering white.


Carefully removed the vinyl once the paint had dried.


I gave it a good sanding - everywhere.


Added a bit of stain to the whole thing.


Then tied on some ivory ribbon.


I love how it turned out.  Perfectly weathered.  Now it's sitting pretty on my mantel, which I will show you tomorrow.  



We had a perfect spring day playing in the sun at the park. Now for baths to get all that sand out of the boys' hair.






Stuff and Nonsense




Photobucket

Thrifty Decorating



5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Great idea to weather it with stain!
    Happy Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Carson made it onto your blog! It was fun hanging at the park yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reviewing hundreds of blogs and a lot of them are the same thing over and over, I find yours delightful and different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking.....another fun idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Spring sign sure looks so springy! Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.