Weathered Spring Sign

I started off with a 7x9 inch piece of wood I found in the scrap bin at Home Depot.


I painted it Americana Baby Blue.


Then I watered down some white paint and brushed that over the top.


I used the negative of some SPRING vinyl I ordered from Utah Vinyl and put that on my board.


Then I painted the lettering white.


Carefully removed the vinyl once the paint had dried.


I gave it a good sanding - everywhere.


Added a bit of stain to the whole thing.


Then tied on some ivory ribbon.


I love how it turned out.  Perfectly weathered.  Now it's sitting pretty on my mantel, which I will show you tomorrow.  



We had a perfect spring day playing in the sun at the park. Now for baths to get all that sand out of the boys' hair.






Stuff and Nonsense




Photobucket

Thrifty Decorating



Comments

  1. Very cute! Great idea to weather it with stain!
    Happy Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Carson made it onto your blog! It was fun hanging at the park yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reviewing hundreds of blogs and a lot of them are the same thing over and over, I find yours delightful and different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking.....another fun idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Spring sign sure looks so springy! Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts