A Golden Oldie

I found these great looking frames at the thrift store for $1.00 each. Wahooo! They were a very lovely shinny gold with a hand painted landscape scene which had shinny gold leafing for the background. Some one's painting was about to get a face lift.

Here's what they looked like - you might need some sun glasses for all that shinny gold.



I decided to fist spray paint them black to cover up all that lovely gold.



Then I sprayed them white and rubbed off some of the white so the black would show through for a little aged look. I put a couple 5x7 black and white photos in them and hung'em in my youngest son's room. Aren't they so much better now?



Here's another view with my little helper.



He even sat on the stairs today and let me take a few shots of him. What a silly boy.



Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving that wonderful comment! Your little guy is adorable! He looks like he likes to have his picture taken! :) I am a new follower and look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment.

Popular Posts