Thrift Store Find - Family Sign

I found this really lovely Family sign last week for only $1.50. It looked just okay. I thought the colors were a little dark. The paper behind Family didn't make the words pop like I thought it should.



So what do you think, would you change anything?

Of course I decided to tear the thing apart, pull out my spray paint and give it a coat of white spray paint to lighten it up a bit. I sanded the edges a bit for a worn look. I then added a piece of green and white polka dot paper behind the family metal cutout. I glued it all back together. Here's the finished project.






Neither one of these pictures are very good, but you get the idea. I like it much better. I ended up giving it away as a prize, but you just can't beat $1.50 and a little touch up.

I have just one more thrift store item I'll be sharing with you tomorrow - until my next trip. Happy Thrifting!!

Comments

Popular Posts