Thrift Store Find - Ceramic Pedestal Bowl

Another great find this week was this ceramic bowl. I loved the shape of it, but wasn't exactly thrilled with the colors or design. So I snagged it up for $1.50 and figured I could spruce it up a bit.




Well my kitchen colors are blacks and creams so I thought it would be a great addition to the kitchen for fruit or even just to display some decorative balls or something. So first I gave it a coat of primer (Kilz) since it would probably take quite a few coats to cover the blue.



I probably used the wrong primer for a ceramic finish, but it did the trick. It was a little rough though not as smooth as it was to begin with. Then I added a couple coats of some ivory gloss spray paint to give it a bit of a shine.



I thought it turned out pretty good. Not quite sure what I will put in it, but I think it looks much better. Here is a picture of my little helper while I was painting outside.



Notice the spray painted plastic tarp in the background. It gets lots of use.

Comments

Popular Posts